March 14, 2011

Abby's Musings - Quotes for Comments

"It hit me, just now, what Blanche DuBois meant. It's what I've been feeling and couldn't find a voice for. I'm not unhappy with life; I'm trying to figure it out. I need to talk about it and even act it out sometimes to see what works for me, what works for this family. Blanche made an historical statement. She made it for a lot of women when she said, 'I don't want realism. I want magic.'"

When I wrote this, I was thinking about myself, the women in my family, the women I worked with and the women others talked about. As I studied and observed them, it became apparent that women need some sparks in their lives. I know I do. We all need a Prince Charming, a sparkling tiara and a foot rub . . . maybe not all the time, but out of the blue, unimagined and unaware. That's magic! When the unexpected gift arrives, for a moment, it catches you completely off guard and leaves you breathless.

What one moment in your life made magical sparks fly? Woman to woman . . . we want to know . . . and promise not to tell.

No comments: